Thursday, May 7, 2015

GAIN - Blog Post Comment

I read through TravelinEdMan's most recent blog post from March 29 (which you can find here), in which he discussed some changes coming in the near future when Microsoft finally updates their operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 10 (yeah, I'm not sure what happened to 9, either).  Some of the tidbits I personally found interesting were that they're getting rid of Internet Explorer entirely and shifting into a new browser called "Spartan."  Hopefully Spartan will perform better than IE does. 

As someone who loved Windows 7, and very much disliked 8 (I refused to "upgrade"), I was also very glad to read TEM's comment that Microsoft will be fusing what actually works between both 7 and 8 into one, hopefully good OS when they release Windows 10.

And finally, for those of us who are familiar with, and use, Macs, there was the interesting bit that Microsoft Office 2016 will be nearly identical between the PC and Mac versions of the software, which will be good for those who get confused when switching between the two.

I don't pay a ton of attention to everything Microsoft does, so TEM's blog post was informative for me, and I was glad to know that some positive OS changes will be happening in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Good job. I will give you some bonus credit for doing so well.

    ReplyDelete